We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Shoo-fly pie?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Shoo-fly pie?

Is there a place in lancaster that makes what is considered to be the "best" sh00-fly pie?

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Shoo-fly pie?

I don't know if it is considered "the best" but S. Clyde Weaver on Manheim Pike certainly makes a good Shoo Fly Pie.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Shoo-fly pie?

My favorite is Wendy Jo's at Lancaster's Central Market. All of her baked goods are excellent!

wendyjos.com

Everyone has their own favorites tho! :)

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Shoo-fly pie?

It's like asking, "Who makes the best pizza?" It depends on your preferences and tastes! My mother was a Pennsylvania Dutch baker, and the product coming closest to her baking is found at the Bird-in-Hand Bake Shop, located on Gibbons Road, Bird-in-Hand.

Website is amishnews.com/shopping/birdinhandbakeshop.htm

The shop is run by plain people. They also have a delightful, small gift shop and all kinds of baked goodies, competitively priced. As I recall, there is also playground equipment present to entertain the kids while the adults shop. Enjoy!

PA dutch country
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Shoo-fly pie?

I agree with Journey Guy! It is like pizza, but they are all very good! Unless you buy one at a Chinese Restaurant! ...lol

ny
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Shoo-fly pie?

Dutch Haven on Rt 30 in Sounderburg makes excellent Shoofly pies. It's the yellow building with the huge windmill, situated in front of Jakeys Barbeque.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Shoo-fly pie?

I agree that Dutch Haven on Route 30 is the best!! In fact, sometimes I order them online and have them sent to relatives who love shoe fly pie. They ship them fresh. A little pricey but worth it if you love shoe fly. Its a wet bottom pie, very good!!!

7. Re: Best Shoo-fly pie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 07, 2009