We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

Hello,

Our family is going to Dutch Wonderland in late July/early August. I am staying at the Eden Resort and am looking for some good restaurants. I want to stay away from the typical tourist traps that usually have bad food and are just convenient. Since I have 2 small children, (girls ages, 3 &5), I would also like a family friendly place. I prefer quality over quantity and would prefer a restaurant not too far away mainly for dinner and breakfast.

Thanks..I look forward to your responses!

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

There are a few buffet type places but they are expensive and so so. We usually go to the buffets but this time around we ate in Cracker Barrel alot. It is a chain, but the food is wonderful and portions alot. The service & servers are always great there!!! Never had a bad meal in that place. Along with your entree they give you 3 sides of your choice. For breakfast I had the pecan pancakes and they were the best I ever had.

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

Why not try Lapp's Family Restaurant, which is basically across route 30 from Dutch Wonderland? It is truly a family-friendly restaurant with decent food. Eden Resort serves a very nice breakfast buffet right off of the lobby in their restaurant. Carraba's is a good Italian chain across the street from Eden Resort. For finer dining, we enjoy the Olde Greenfield Inn, which is close to your hotel, but I'm not sure I would recommend for young children.

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

Why not try Lapp's Family Restaurant, which is basically across route 30 from Dutch Wonderland? It is truly a family-friendly restaurant with decent food. Eden Resort serves a very nice breakfast buffet right off of the lobby in their restaurant. Carraba's is a good Italian chain across the street from Eden Resort. For finer dining, we enjoy the Olde Greenfield Inn, which is close to your hotel, but I'm not sure I would recommend for young children.

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

There is also Outback Restaurant across from the Eden. Down the road is Eatnpark which is like a diner but the service is really slow there. Garfields is located in the Eden and the food is okay, nothing special but reasonable and with small children it may be convenient being in the hotel. Like the other poster said the breakfast buffet at Arthurs inside the Eden is really good.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

These posters have covered it well...

I second Lapp's (great homemade soups!) & Eat n' Park.

If you want pizza/subs, try Your Place (about 2 blocks west of DW on the same side)...great stromboli...they sometimes have a pasta buffet that's very good & a good deal.

Another good place just up the Oregon Pike from the Eden is the Roseville Hotel...good food, reasonably priced, and you can dine inside or out (on your left next to Stauffer's grocery).

PA dutch country
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

Everyone has given you great places. The only other suggestion would be if you are out and about you pass an Isaacs. It is a deli and the kids menu is great and they like it. Here is the website:

isaacsdeli.com They have several locations in Lancaster area. Check it out and see if it fits in your plans. Have a wonderful trip to Lancaster!

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

I second the idea of checking out Isaac's. Local chain with very good food. Prices are a step up from fast food, but the selections are great and there are some healthy choices. Menu is based on the theme of "birds", and many great choices for kids on the menu, as well!

Lancaster, PA
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

One of my family's favorites is Oregon Dairy Restaurant. It's up Oregon Pike, about 5 miles from Eden. The food is reliably good, very family friendly. There is also an ice cream shop and a little play area for the kids. But don't tell anyone-- it's a gem ;}

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

We just came back from spending 6 days at the Eden. My review will be posted soon. We had the breakfast buffet at the Eden for three mornings and it was very good. One morning they had scrambled eggs, western omelet, pancakes with strawberries and cream on side along with hash browns, sausage, bacon and lots of other good stuff. The next day they rotate and have scambled eggs, eggs benedict, french toast, etc. Our first night we ate at Oregon Pike restaurant. The buffet didn't look appetizing but the burgers, and chicken sandwich were one of the best. Prices were very reasonable and its kid friendly. They give a nice goody bag with a toy, cookies, and crayons. I would recommend trying this, its right down the road from the Hotel. We also ate at Cracker Barrel where the food is really good and the prices are so cheap. Big portions and definitely worth a try. It's a little further away on Rt. 30. Two nights we ate at Texas Roadhouse because the food was so good and again reasonbly priced. We went to Shady Maples Smorgasboard which is a nice ride from the Eden but the food was good and for the price everything is included, (tip, drinks). For breakfast we went to Eat n' Park and Friendly's which is just past Eat n'Park (5 min. from hotel). Both were really good. We didn't eat at Garfields this time but food was good in the past. Hope this helps. Enjoy!!

10. Re: Restaurants near Eden Resort/Dutch Wonderland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, September 05, 2009