We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lancaster to washingtion dc

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
frankston south
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
lancaster to washingtion dc

does anyone know if there is a train/bus that goes from lancaster to washington dc. also how long does it take to get to intercourse from lancaster?

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lancaster to washingtion dc

You have to change trains in Philly but yes you can get from Lancaster to Washington by train. It will take you about 3 1/2 hours.

What part of Lancaster are you going to? It makes a big difference. If you are talking about Intercourse to the train station it is probably about 20 - 25 minutes.

frankston south
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lancaster to washingtion dc

we are staying a night at Intercourse and i thought that the only way you could get there (apart from driving) was by train via lancaster and then we would hire a car in lancaster to get us to intercourse. Is there a more direct route?

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lancaster to washingtion dc

tate jakob: I am not quite sure what you are asking. Are you in Washington DC first and then traveling to intercourse or the opposite? Where in intercourse are you staying would also help. Give me a few more details and I can give you a more information.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lancaster to washingtion dc

Hi- Tate Jakob will be in New york city first (was posted on new york city forum) and then moving on to Lancaster & intercourse and then moving on to Washington Dc from Lancaster or Intercourse.

I guess the question is where will Tate jacob be able to catch a Train to Washington from either Lancaster or Intercourse? or is Lancaster the only area to catch .a train? I think I need a local on this but the two stations I see on Amtrak is HAR Harrisburg .I think goes to DC. the other stations in Lancaster. Lancaster station according to amtrak is 6 miles. I would go to www.amtrack.com- most likely best way to go.

I also found another tour that goes to New York city to lancaster bus tour.But it is 12 days.www.adventurecaravans.com

You can get the bus from Port authority Manhattan New york Capital trail ways 41st street and 8th ave. to Harrisburg or Lancaster- www.capitaltrailways.com . In Lancaster trail way travel center 53 mcgovern ave 17603. I would contact them about going to Washington.

I would suggest because I know from your other postings that if you take public transportation to Lancaster from new york . I would suggest renting a car when you get to Lancaster at least.

The location intercourse is not far from lancaster but 6- 10 miles with out a car around this area is tuff.

Good luck!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lancaster to washingtion dc

I am estimating on miles . I think the locals would have a better idea of getting around on public transportaion in lancaster.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lancaster to washingtion dc

I forgot to add:

Intercourse is down 340 - 10 miles East of lancaster city. So I would figure 15 minutes away. The map states Lacaster, Bird in hand and then Intercourse

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lancaster to washingtion dc

Does hire a car mean rent a car? I guess that is what you mean , I thought you meant a taxi?

8. Re: lancaster to washingtion dc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 03, 2009