We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eden resort vs. willow valley resort

us
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
eden resort vs. willow valley resort

which would you choose and why?

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

That really depends on what you're looking for. Willow Valley is a little more kid friendly with the mini water park. Eden's rooms are nicer. If you're not looking for an entirely kid-friendly vaca, you should know that Willow Street is a dry town, so there's no alcohol...not that it's that far to the next town. Also the Eden is more centrally located to downtown, Amish Country, Dutch Wonderland and the major highways. Willow Valley's buffets are better that Eden's, but both's regular restaurants are just so-so. My vote would be for the Eden, but it all depends what type of vacation you're planning.

New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

I totally agree with the above post. Never stayed at Willow Valley but have friends who did. It is more geared for children under 10, and they loved it. Stayed at the Eden with my boys who are 12 and 17 and they love it there. Going back this summer. It depends if you are going with children, spouse, friends???

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

We stayed at willow valley the past few years during x-mas break and it is the best. They have hourly activities for kids and an indoor carnival towards new years time which were all included in the price. also the waterpark which my kids could stay in all day. My kids are 3 and 5, 15. They also have 3 different pools, a playground, bakery, lake, animals, etc.... a nice little shopping center across the street and another about 1/2 mile down, Im not sure about the activities during the summer time you may want to call them. I would say the kids would no doubt have a much better time at WV as there is more there geared toward the kids. Eden Resort does have great rooms but not as much to do as WV.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

If you dont have kids maybe Eden Resort would be a better option. If you have young kids I would say most definitely WV.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

We have a 2 y.o. and stayed at Eden Resort during Labor Day weekend last year and Willow Valley two weeks ago.

Honestly, I think that I liked Eden Resort a lot better. They both have their pros and cons, but honestly the only two things that I liked about Willow Valley were the pool area/water park and the breakfast buffets. Otherwise, we felt that the resort was not centrally located and way too far out of the way from everything else. We had paid for the most expensive rooms in the atrium building, and they have just been competely redone, however, their "new lighting" caused the rooms to be so dark that we had to be moved to a room with an outside window, and even that room was dark! There is no way that anyone can even read a book in those rooms, unless they sit in the bathroom...and the rooms were pretty small. We paid $180 a night for the room and breakfast and it was a two night minimum so it ended up costing us a lot. I'm not so sure that I would go back because I'm not so sure that it was worth it for such a high price, even though the water area and food were great.

Eden Resort did not have the indoor water park, but did have a very nice indoor pool and a great outdoor pool area (although it was rainy when we were there and did not get to use it that much). The rooms were huge. The staff was very family friendly and there were nice touches like a lemonade fountain set up in the lobby and they scooped ice cream cones in the lobby for all the guests one day of our stay. Their breakfast buffet was excellent. And the location is right in the middle of everything, so it was much less driving. There are lots of great restaurants near by so you are not stuck eating all your meals at the resort.

So, I am glad that I had tried both of them because I always wondered how it would be to stay there. But, having done both, I think that I would return to the Eden before Willow Valley, mainly becuase I think that you get a lot more for your money...

Hope this helps!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

I just booked a room In the Eden for this June 16th. I reserved a 1 room villa with a kitchen 2 double beds and a fireplace sister in law usually stays there. I decided to give it a try. I will review it when I return.

I did want willow valley, but they are booked. I did pass by and I think it is also very nice.

I also did enjoy visiting Hershey farms which is real close to Dutch wonderland.

PA
Level Contributor
83 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

How do you get to Eden Resort from RT. 30? I'm thinking about booking in July & don't know how to get there.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

It's right next to Rt. 30 and you can't miss it as you're driving past. Just get off at the Oregon Pike exit and head north towards Sheetz. At the light at Sheetz, make a right onto Eden Road. The hotel's on your right, behind Sheetz.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

Posted this on another thread. The Indoor pool at the Eden is currently closed for repairs. They have extended the outdoor pool hours but there is no option if it rains. Truthfully as hot has it has been in Lancaster these past fews weeks this would not have been a problem for me. I would have just swam outdoors in the rain. Rain does not close the outdoor pool. Lightening and thunder close both pools so that would not affect this.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eden resort vs. willow valley resort

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the residential suites at the Eden. We've stayed in both their indoor two-room suites and the outside residential suites. I would vote for the later. Even though the indoor suites we're OK, I really liked being in a seperate building. The hallway noise inside the hotel was too much for me. I like being able to sleep and don't want to listen to the roaming patrons outside you doorway at all hours. The residential suites had a small living room with fireplace and Murphy bed, eat-in-kitchen and a loft bedroom with jacuzzi tub. Never stayed at WV, it's too far away from the action for us.

Steve