We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hershey Farm or Millers??

New York
Level Contributor
345 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Hershey Farm or Millers??

Are any of these good? The kids love buffet style. Opinions appreciated. Thanks!!

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

Millers used to be good years ago but I went last year and the quality of some of the food wasnt great. My fav used to be the chicken pot pie but when I tasted it this time it was very bland. (I make a much more tastier version than I got there). Some of it also reminded me of canned or frozen food. The only thing I really like thought was good was the fried chicken and some of the deserts. Now Im not a picky person at all when it comes to food but I thought it was only so so and was disappointed as it wasnt as good as it used to be. I even tried the Bird-In-Hand buffet and was even more disappointing so dont even try that one.

I have been wanted to try Hershey Farm and think I will try them when I visit in 2 weeks to see how it is. If you are visiting after that time I could possibly have an answer for you on how Hershey is. I heard that Shady Maple is good but I dont think that one is right in the area, you may have to travel a bit.

Mentioned in this post
Hershey
Hershey
Pennsylvania
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

IMHO: Millers is assembly line eating, pennsylvania dutch for tourists. Hersheys is a better meal, although not quite the variety. Shady Maple is much like Mllers. I also suggest you consider Willow Valley, south of Lancaster about four miles. Much better atmosphere, and better food.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

I think the reason locals don't often go to these "PA Dutch Smogasbord" places is that we are better aware of the options and less tolerant of being "fleeced."

They're not bad, but certainly not much of a bargain. Most are more about quantity than quality, & often crowded with tourists who can get very impatient if you get between them and the food! If you read the reviews both these places get a few good but mostly mediocre to bad reviews. Just think, for the same price (or less) you could have a nice, quiet, sit down meal in a great restaurant.

For a buffet, we really like Lapp's...their homemade soups are fanstastic & the price, even for the weekend seafood buffet, is lower than most family style places. You can also order off the menu & add the soup & salad bar.

There is also a smorgasbord place called Diener's that gets good reviews here and is reasonably priced...I'm still trying to find it!

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

Yes also Willow Valley was somewhat decent. They offered different things from Miller's such as a kids buffet, dim sum, seafood augratin, hot dogs, hamburgers, carving station, etc..

NY
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

Dieners, next door to the dutch delights place with the windmill , going east on 30

New York
Level Contributor
345 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

Ginger9708, we aren't coming until the summer so if you can let me know how Hershey Farms is that would be great. Everyone, thanks for your help!!

New York
Level Contributor
345 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

Does anyone know if Lapp's has a website and what it is? Where is Lapp's located? Thanks!!

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

Kuddles, sure i will definitely update the post when i return in two weeks.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

http://lapps.yourinfo.com is the website for Lapp's. It is located on Route 30 near the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson (across from Dutch Wonderland). Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Dutch Wonderland
Dutch Wonderland
2,051 Reviews
Lancaster, PA
New York
Level Contributor
345 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hershey Farm or Millers??

Yes this info. does help. Thanks again!!