We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mainstay Inn

Seabrook, NH
Level Contributor
5 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Mainstay Inn

Has anyone stayed at the MainStay Inn In Mountville, PA. My husband & I are planning a 5 day trip to Amish on April 12th. How is the weather then?? We are both 50 yrs old, what do you suggest? We both like to shop, eat, drink, Any help would be appreciated.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mainstay Inn

I didn't even know this hotel existed and I have been to Mountville many times. I believe it is near the elementary school they just built but other than that I can't help. Sorry.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mainstay Inn

mamme, We stayed at the MainStay Inn last summer. They have two bedroom suites with a very small kitchen. It's more for traveling executives than families. It's also a 20 to 30 minute drive back towards the area you'll probably want to do most of your touring. I suggest you stay in any of The Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village lodging, right in the heart of Intercouse. They have motel rooms that will accomodate you for about $109 a night. There's also a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen and living room ($159 / night). A lot of the forum members will also recommend either of the Best Westerns' Revere Tavern or Eden Resort. There's also the Willow Valley (golf) Resort. It should be like jacket weather by mid-April, with chance of occasional rain. I must warn you that most stores will be closed on Sundays. You can shop in the outlets on Sunday and ride on the Strasburg Steam Railroad or visit the living history museum at Landis Valley. Way too many restaurants to name. I suggest you stop at the visiitors center upon arrival or visit the web site www.800PaDutch.com for info.

Steve

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mainstay Inn

It is a newer extended stay hotel located west of Lancaster, just off of Route 30. I would recommend staying somewhere closer to the attractions that you want to visit. It is 12 miles from the hotel to where the popular attractions and outlets are. You could try either the Best Western Revere or the Eden Resort. Both are nice places to stay at and are closer to the attractions than the Mainstay Suites. Hope this helps.

4. Re: Mainstay Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:07 pm, March 29, 2007
5. Re: Mainstay Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 29, 2009