We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip To Longwood Gardens

Which Kennett Square hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Topic
Day Trip To Longwood Gardens

A friend and I are planning a day trip to Longwood Gardens, we live about 1 1/2 away, and were thinking about taking the train to the area but we seem to be running into the issue of how to get from the train station to the gardens. We have searched and searched for a bus or some sort of public transportation that would take us the 10 miles from the station to the gardens and we are coming up empty handed. I just can't imagine that there is nothing to take travelers from the station to other destinations. Can anyone please shed some light on a way to get from the station to the gardens, if there is any?

2 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip To Longwood Gardens

Never considered getting there other than by car. I would suggest calling LG to see if they can help.

Alternatively, your only option may be a cab but you will need to make sure you can find a reliable company to pick you up when you want.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip To Longwood Gardens

The Longwood Gardens website, under 'Directions and Parking' lists a 'public transportation" option. Apparently there is a shuttle which you can reserve(for a fee) with 24 hours notice from the Wilmington Delaware train station.

Frankly, this strikes me as an inconvenient and roundabout way to get from York to Longwood, but feel free to investigate it further.

Reply to: Day Trip To Longwood Gardens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted