We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to johnstown

Which Johnstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia,PA
1 post
Save Topic
moving to johnstown

i'm originally born and raised from philadelphia, pa. i love philly, its my home. am i going to be able to cope with johnstown? ive never been and it doesnt look too desolate but at the same time i mean, ill loose my mind if its rural kingdom of farms and open land. i love snowboarding but, i go to the poconos for that. how is the college life? pitt johnstown? or is it too laid back. how far of a drive is pittsburgh?

Johnstown...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to johnstown

lelen6844:

Believe it or not, Johnstown has become somewhat civilized! We now have electricity, running water, and it's been months since we had to depend on the stage coach to get our mail. Seriously, if you've never been to Johnstown, you really can't judge. We have a top notch symphony, opera, ballet, shakespeare company, museums, professional sports, and more outdoor activities than you Philadelphians even knew existed. Skiing, hiking, whitewater rafting, snowboarding, hunting, fishing... And you don't have to drive for several hours to do it. UPJ has a host of activities, as do St. Francis University and Indiana University of PA. You can be in Pittsburgh in about an hour and a half, by the way.

2. Re: moving to johnstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 17, 2009