We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Admiral Nelson Hotel, customer relations non existant

Which Nelson Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Admiral Nelson Hotel, customer relations non existant

Below is a PM I received, allegedly from the manager of the Admiral Nelson Hotel, Nelson Bay after I posted a review. It really sets out the standard of some operators who rely on the good will of customers! Sounds like a case of too many beers early in the day flowing into the evening. My original post can be viewed under the hotel name, ADMIRAL NELSONHOTEL, NELSON BAY.

Greg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am not impressed with you rood & fouls comments on me & my Motel, we have just taken over the motor inn & we have been doing renovations to upgrade the Motel for our Guests starting from the ground up including the computer systems & internet, I have been working nonstop to have this done before the Christmas holiday I am working on the computer systems wilts my guests are sleep till I literally pass out at my computer, you comment that I had my breakfast & a Beer at my outdoor setting this would have been my dinner with a beer at my home as this is my home I am human & I do eat & I have a beer like 95% of Australia sorry for that. Before you slander me & my Motel get your facts strait, do you have millions of dollars raped up in business if so I would like to slander your business to or are you just pathetically board, you just go-around trying to loos jobs for every one involved on you half educated comments you have issues, get a job & leave others alone unless you have nice thing to say about people looser.

Edited: 3:05 am, December 13, 2011
12 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Admiral Nelson Hotel, customer relations non existant

I just read the OP's review and can't find anything rude in it at all. There isn't any rudeness in it to find. Just a review as the OP found the motel (and giving it 3 stars can hardly be judged as slamming the property), with one comment about the owner/manager being able to find a way of cooking breakfast, where none was apparently available to cook breakfast for the guests.

Had the Motel manager/owner been responding to the review before the OP's saying the service was "Non-existent", it would have been an over-reaction, but to PM sgtgwh in this manner is totally inappropriate and out of order.

Language & spelling aside: the owner/manager is clearly misplaced in a service industry. Especially in one where supply well exceeds demand in most places for most of the year.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Admiral Nelson Hotel, customer relations non existant

I think it is time to put this post to sleep. Nothing further will be achieved by continuing. The message is out there for all to see and make their own judgement of the quality of this establishment.

Greg

Reply to: Admiral Nelson Hotel, customer relations non existant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nelson Bay