We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lord Howe Island - Beachfront or very close

Pacific Palms
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Lord Howe Island - Beachfront or very close

I am looking to stay at Lord Howe, Nov, 2010, with husband who loves fishing - is there a great beachfront location to stay where we can stay straight on the beachfront and is there a preferred area to stay so we can walk to restaurants at night - Neds beach seems to be a good area and more resturarants? are there beachfront villas -to sand or is this sort of thing not exist on Lord Howe

cate

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lord Howe Island - Beachfront or very close

http://www.lordhoweisland.info/map.htm

will show you the accommodation and it's location. Blue Lagoon or Somerset, Howeana Apartments would be my pick for location. I don't recall seeing anything that opens right onto the beach. Most places will drop you to restaurants if you want to try different spots during your stay. The area down by the lagoon and across via the road to Ned's beach is fairly level, the stuff around 7 - 12 is uphill from the beaches.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,903 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lord Howe Island - Beachfront or very close

Yes I second Blue Lagoon

3. Re: Lord Howe Island - Beachfront or very close

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 14, 2010