We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wishing to visit Lord Howe Island

Which Lord Howe Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mid North Coast NSW
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Wishing to visit Lord Howe Island

Possibly in September. Need accommodationon the flat as I have a bad back and cannot walk too far, so must be near to restaurants and shopping and preferably have accommodation that has courtesy transport to shopping and restaurants.

I am a senior citizen and will be a sole traveller and want to avoid paying single supplement if I can.

Any advice on where to stay and good restaurants would be greatly appreciated.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wishing to visit Lord Howe Island

holly, I have just come across your request. Are you still wondering? We stayed at Somerset which is not far from the the shops and is a short flat walk. They also arrange transport to and from restaurants etc.Our favourite restaurant was Pandanus and we also liked Pinetrees which was oldie worldie. They will both need transport arranged.

2. Re: Wishing to visit Lord Howe Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lord Howe Island