We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Ainsworth Holiday Park

Melbourne
Level Contributor
100 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Ainsworth Holiday Park

Heading off to Lennox Head and surrounding areas in early February and was just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Lake Ainsworth Holiday Park?

4 replies to this topic
Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,492 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Ainsworth Holiday Park

Hi NameNo,

Spent plenty of time at Lennox, but no time at the camp ground.

Lennox great spot, one of the best, great surf and beaches. I have seen the camp ground, looks OK, should be fine as it is a Big 4, and IMO Big 4 are very well appointed camp grounds and usually well maintained. Lake Ainsworth Holiday Park is in a very good spot, and a not a long walk to centre of town, about a 1klm.

Nice short drive to Byron Bay if you need that type of fix. Also short drives to Ballina, Lismore, Nimbin(take your combi), Brunswick Heads and a bit further to Nightcap National Park.

…nsw.gov.au/nationalparks/parkhome.aspx…

Sorry I can't advise about staying at the grounds.

Safe travels - Robert

Edited: 8:08 am, September 20, 2011
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Ainsworth Holiday Park

Hi there

A group of us stayed there on the weekend and have done so before. The Park has been upgraded since our last visit and was very comfortable. We stayed in a cabin which had it's own ensuite, a double bed and three single bunk beds. There is a great camp kitchen now and the park is right next to the lake or walk across the road to the beach and the surf club for brekkie, lunch or snack which was also great! The park has a varying range of cabins or campsites.

Had dinner at an amazing Thai restaurant called Lennox Thai Garden, best thai food for ages!

Love Lennox! It's a little trip back to what Byron was like about 25 years ago hehee!

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Ainsworth Holiday Park

The lake does suffer a bit from blue green algae, I noticed some the other day. It is still open for swimming though. Its anybodies guess what it will be like in February, here's hoping

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,191 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Ainsworth Holiday Park

I can tell you exactly what it was like in Feb 2012 it was a bit wet and there were a few cane toads around the lake

Glenn the post is 2 years old.. and they were asking about the van park :)

This is really a necro post resurfaced

Reply to: Lake Ainsworth Holiday Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lennox Head