We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane Domestic Airport to Byron Bay private transfer.

Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Brisbane Domestic Airport to Byron Bay private transfer.

I am looking for recommendations to get from Brisbane Domestic airport to Byron Bay one way as quickly as possible but as a private transfer for 2 people.

I have looked at a couple of company's who are quoting $320 or have seen maybe taxis for $80.

Have people used taxis for this? Are they likely to say no to that journey because of traffic/one way etc? Are there always Taxis quickly and readily available at the airport?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane Domestic Airport to Byron Bay private transfer.

A taxi for $80 makes no sense - $320 sounds more realistic! It is 175km and at least two hours' drive. I don't think the average taxi driver at the rank would be willing to go that far - this should be pre-arranged.

If this is a domestic flight did you consider Coolangatta (Gold Coast) or Ballina airports? They are both much closer to Byron Bay, and there are various transfer services available from either location.

You could consider taking the train from Brisbane Airport to the end of the line at Varsity Lakes, and a taxi from there, although it's still an hour's drive to Byron Bay and not all cabbies would want to go there. A fare calculator (taxifare.com.au) shows about $180 from Varsity Lakes to Byron, but I'm not sure if that's accurate for interstate trips like this.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane Domestic Airport to Byron Bay private transfer.

There are several bus companies that run shuttle services between Brisbane airport and Byron Bay. It's much less than than the prices you have been quoted however you would be sharing a bus with others. A Google search will bring up contact details and fares.

3. Re: Brisbane Domestic Airport to Byron Bay private transfer.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Byron Bay