We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it Schoolies in Broken Head/Byron Bay next week?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Is it Schoolies in Broken Head/Byron Bay next week?

Hi All

Am thinking about a short get away to Broken Head or Byron Bay next week.

Husband and I want a short break away from the farm following a busy harvest period, a few swims in the sea, an arvo nap, and a general relax.

Was thinking about the Broken Head caravan park but see on their website next week is listed as being 'schoolies'.

We don't have anything against young people celebrating the end of school but am looking for perhaps a quieter time rather than a schoolies affected area.

What do the experts in the area think? We could have a get away and a relax anywhere really but our main reason for heading that way is to have a few salt water swims and wash away the northern Mallee dust. Byron Bay is about as far as we want to go north east from home as it's a throw a few things in the ute and make do kind of trip.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated and welcome.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it Schoolies in Broken Head/Byron Bay next week?

Apologies for the double post. Anyone know how to remove a duplicate post?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,171 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it Schoolies in Broken Head/Byron Bay next week?

click on the 'report inappropriate' (bottom right) and from the drop down tab select 'remove my post' and by the time you refresh the page it will be gone

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,131 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it Schoolies in Broken Head/Byron Bay next week?

My DS is returning from GC schoolies today. This week just past is known up there as NSW week & I believe tge coming week is VIC week.

I would avoid anywhere that has schoolies listed while you want to be away. Perhaps Coffs Harbour, Nambucca Heads, Port Macquarie or Forster might be suitable alternatives?

Congratulations on the harvest, a busy one hopefully means a successful one!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it Schoolies in Broken Head/Byron Bay next week?

Thanks thmoore

Thanks Mia, will have a look at the map and consider somewhere Sth of BB. Melbourne nephew returns today from GC schoolies and based on that I thought it was all over.

Cheers

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it Schoolies in Broken Head/Byron Bay next week?

Schoolies officially ends Dec7th. I haven't been to Broken Head during schoolies, however I'd imagine it would be a little bit out of the way and a bit to quiet for most of them

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it Schoolies in Broken Head/Byron Bay next week?

Thanks for sharing Glenn. Ive put in some research, looked at the map and TA, and further sth doesnt grab me. Had my heart set on BB area, possibly Broken Head CP. I'll give the caravan park a call and see how booked up with schoolies they are.

Cheers

7. Re: Is it Schoolies in Broken Head/Byron Bay next week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Byron Bay