We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Sayulita, Mexico
4 posts
Save Topic
amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Hello, very soon i ll go to Byron B with my son from Sayulitaa, Mexico. We want to live there for the next schoolar cicle. I m artisant, make beautifull necklaces with sterling silver and natural stones, so also want to know if there is any artisant market around availble to sale it

Thanks

Ana

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Lots of markets....byron 1 st Sunday of month, most same stall holders go to bangalow (very close) and the channon (best sited market of all) 4th and 2nd sun. Lennox head is another.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

will u have a visa which allows to earn money in australia?

Edited: 6:39 pm, February 17, 2013
Sayulita, Mexico
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Hola soy artesana española que vive en Mexico y proximamente en julio ire por 3 meses viajando desde Melbourne a Brisbane. Quiero visitar especialmente los mercados de la zona de Byron Bay. Llevo muchas piedras semipreciosas mexicanas, obsidianas, jaspes, turquesas etc. Si hay alguien interesado en comprar piedras por favor me avisan para saber que tipo y cuantas quieren. Viajo con mi hijo de mochila y quiero conocer la comunidad latina de alla- Me gustaria tener informacion de la mejor forma de viajar por la costa este y lugares baratos y comodos para dormir. Hablo ingles y frances.

Muchas gracias y un gran saludo. Ana

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,787 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Sorry Ana, TripAdvisor rules are that on the English speaking sites you must post in English.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,660 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Well in summary Ana is saying that she will be travelling for 3 months between melbourne and brisbane and that she has semi precious stones for sale.

I am not fussed as to what language she posts in ( I think its unreasonable and discrimminatory to expect non English speakers to post in English) - but she should not be soliciting sales of her goods here.

Ana is also asking about the best forms of transport and cheap and comfortable places to stay on the east coast.

Sayulita, Mexico
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Thanks a lot to traslate my message in english, Nozzie. I m sorry if i dont must to annoce that i have semi precious stones to sale, I thougth that was helping artisants and people interested in it. Like latina, i dont know the rules in that continent because this will be my first time traveling in Australia. And even i thougth that the forums are open to any kind of offert or demand. So i appreciate to much when sombody tell me the right way. Probably there is any web page available for people with no much money to find any room in private houses that it will be cheaper than hostels, specialy cause i travel with my son 12 years old.

Thanks again to any help. Ana

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,660 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Hi Ana- no you are not allowed to do any kind of personal advertisng on Trip Advisor. It is not an Australian rule but a TripAdvisor rule.

Yes you can find home exchanges and house sitting opportunties on a number of websites. Here are 2 www.aussiehousesitters.com.au/… , https://www.airbnb.com.au/

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,787 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Ana, as to the rules, you're not allowed to advertise anything on TripAdvisor. I also suspect Australian Immigration rules will not permit you to be selling goods in Australia to supplement your money unless you have the correct visa.

For accommodation you could try airbnb.com or I've heard of one called couchsurfing or similar.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,660 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

Ana I see that I had already directed you to homeforexchange.com on an earlier post. Did you register there?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,012 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: amy artisant market available to sale for travelers???

I think that TripAdvisor's future is as a billboard for small business enterprises.

Keep up the good work, Ana. :))

Get answers to your questions about Byron Bay