We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abbazia Rainforest Studio - Any reviews appreciated!

Which Byron Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Abbazia Rainforest Studio - Any reviews appreciated!

Hi folks.. realised I should have posted this here and not on the Gold Coast page...

Has anyone stayed or heard of this place - Abbazia Rainforest Studio? The pictures look good but I'm not sure when those were taken and whether it is close to town as I can't find their address? Or any good recommedation on accommodation in Byron Bay that is preferably under A$120 per night. The strong A$ is realy limiting our budget! :)

We are taking a red-eye flight and will be reaching GC airport at 7.30 am. I'm concern with the 1-hr driving to Byron Bay as my hubby has difficulty sleeping on the plane and I can't drive (hehe..). Can someone advise if there are any good places or restaurants along the way to Byron where we can have a break for breakfast or sight-see to stretch our legs.

Any pointers on how we can get from GC airport to Byron Bay? I used to go to this site when planning my Perth holiday where it will give you instructions on how to get from one place to another but I can't recall its name. Can someone please help?

Thanks again!

Jo

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abbazia Rainforest Studio - Any reviews appreciated!

It could be on Old Bangalow Road.

It's not in the centre of town. Why don't you email the owner. It's listed on both www.takeabreak.com and Stayz Both Australian sites.

Suspect it could be at the rear of a house, that's why it's cheaper.

If you want something nearer to the beach try Breakfree Ecobeach in Shirley Street, they have specials at times.

When are you arriving that will make a big difference to prices.

To drive to Byron is very easy from the Gold Coast. Try the maps or trip planner on

racq.com.au/travel/…trip_planner

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abbazia Rainforest Studio - Any reviews appreciated!

Thanks lifetraveller! Breakfree is $200 per night which is too ex for us. And the weekend rate for Byron Bay is really high! I'm arriving on 19th and plan to stay for 2 nights.

We will be hiring a car and the owner of Abbazia told us it's 5 mins drive to town (i hope it's true) as it seems to be at the far end of the map she has emailed me and I'm wondering how big is Bryon Bay?

3. Re: Abbazia Rainforest Studio - Any reviews appreciated!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 07, 2012