We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is special?

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
What is special?

hi again folks. Am asking again for friends. But could you tell me what is pecial about Byron Bay? Friends are thinking of staying out there when they travel down under?

sydney,aust.
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is special?

If they like newquay and cornwall then send them to Byron and hinterland.

If they like blackpool and brighton then send them to the Gold Coast.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is special?

What is special?

well for me, my wife and i were married here 20 years ago, that was damm special!

For me it is the fantastic beaches! I have been going to Byron regularly for the past 35 years, yes tourism has taken over, yes it has become very busy and certainly does not have the same feel as years ago, but it still retains some of the laid back atmosphere..... but for me nowadays it is just walking on the beaches, surfing the waves, sitting up on the cape during the cooler months watching tht whales go by.....and just taking the time to relax.

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is special?

Thanks guys.

It sounds ideal watching the whales....

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is special?

Hi Helen

Just a wee word to let you know I'm thinking of you and your sister.I am the edest of 9 of a family and know what it's like when one of them is ill.I hope your news is good.

Margaret

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is special?

Hi Margaret,

Thank you so much. Will keep you posted.

Helen