We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blues Festival - Should I book a place to sleep?

Israel
1 post
Save Topic
Blues Festival - Should I book a place to sleep?

Hi people!

I'm traveling to Australia Feb- March.

I know that the Blues Festival is going on during these dates.

Should I be worried and book a place to sleep in Byron ahead of time? I don't know where I'm going to stay yet. Probably one of the bag packers joints on the beach!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,195 posts
1,437 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blues Festival - Should I book a place to sleep?

Absolutely - Byron Bay is heavily booked at this time of the year (Blues Festival) . I highly suggest you book something months ahead ...

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blues Festival - Should I book a place to sleep?

The Blue Festival is at Easter. Easter 2010 is 1st week of April. Your travels may be over by then.

In 2010 Blue Festival is moving to a new site further away from Byron town, but I imagine all Byron accommodation will still be booked out months ahead.

Byron accommodation (including backpackers-non of which are actually ON the beach) are heavily booked right through the year. Byron is somewhere forward bookings are always wise. The Arts Factory, well away from the beach is somewhat alternate and well regarded by vistors and locals. Google it. Limited accommodation in both Brunswick Heads and Mullumbimby will also be heavily booked for Blues Festival.

3. Re: Blues Festival - Should I book a place to sleep?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Byron Bay