We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

British Columbia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

First time visit from Canada my 25 yr old daughter and I wanting to stay in Byron for 3 nights but not spend tons of $$$ for accommod. Hostels fine or B&B. Suggestions ? we will not have a vehicle.

sydney
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

i dont think budget accomodation exists in byron

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

Bryon Bay is very very seasonal, with the absolute peak time in summer school holidays, ie January. Other peaks are the rest of school holidays, Easter and long weekends when the place gets swamped with people from Queensland :-)

However as Pashtar states it is not a particularly budget place to stay at any time these days. This link might help www.byronbayaccom.net/accommodation.asp

Just a hint, tell us when you are going to visit, it will colour the answers you get :-)

Cheerz Wabster.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

Yes, when are you intending to stay and what is your budget ?

Byron Bay isn't cheap if you want something decent and self-contained.

4. Re: budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, March 20, 2010
Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

There are a couple of YHA hostels in Byron, I believe they have private rooms at reasonable rates. I've not stayed in either, but every YHA I did stay in was clean, well run, and not a crazy party hostel.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

ok Petersteel - perhaps the owner of that place by any chance ?? Against the rules on here I'm afraid...

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

not to mention at $690 per night it hardly meets the requirements of the OP !

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

Looking for budget accomodation? Try $690 a night in the off season! LOL

That's ridiculous even by Byron Bay standards.

9. Re: budget place to stay in Byron Bay Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 11, 2010