We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Not Rent From Raine and Horne

Gold Coast
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Do Not Rent From Raine and Horne

This is a bit of feedback for people looking for accommodation in Byron. I recently booked 40 Lawson Street through Raine and Horne Byron Bay and had a terrible experience. The house in itself is very nice but I suspect the management is letting it down.

When we arrived there was one roll of toilet paper (for 4 bathrooms), 2 empty gas bottles, one bbq that was broken, tv’s not tuned in amongst other things. These may seem like small things but when your paying thousands of dollars for accommodation you expect everything in working order.

We accepted these things and still had a wonderful time in Byron but when giving feedback to the agent we were basically told that we were lying (about toilet paper, why would we bother?), I even explained that a friend had cut their lip on a chipped glass only to be told “no, those glasses are all new”. We were disappointed as a simple apology would have been appreciated but we definitely did not receive one.

I would NEVER rent from Raine and Horne Byron Bay again!

1. Re: Do Not Rent From Raine and Horne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 03, 2010