We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Byron or Noosa?

Perth
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Byron or Noosa?

We have family visiting us in Brisbane in May who will be in Australia for the first time. We want to take them away for a weekend and thought either Byron or Noosa. As we haven't been to either can anyone advise if one is better than the other. Age range around 40 with 2 kids 6 & 8. Looking for good beaches, food, markets etc

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
lennoxhead/austrilia
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Byron or Noosa?

both areas are great...fantastic food and hidden little delights around every corner.you won't be sorry either way however i'd just go with the place that has the better weather for that weekend.we get more rain down our way[that's why we have world heritage listed rainforest]

Uk
Level Contributor
401 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Byron or Noosa?

Hi, we loved both although we are returning to Noosa for the 3rd time in September- for us, the mix of great restaurants (some of the best food we've had in Oz), amazing and safe beaches,trips to beautiful Fraser Island if you want them, the river and great nature walks- for us pommies, seeing koalas, whales and dolphins in one walk was amazing!!!! We liked Byron Bay but I would agree a bit more hippy and we just didn't like it quite so much- not really sure why!!!! Have a great time Nic

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Byron or Noosa?

Both Noosa and Byron have nude beaches

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Byron or Noosa?

Hi

Am a great fan of the Sunshine Coast, particularly Noosaville and to a lesser extent Caloundra.

Started to think I should look elsewhere for a change, Byron Bay for example.

This thread was just what I needed, thanks guys. It's probably simpler to get up to Noosa from Brisbane, so may stick with there meantime. But will keep watching this forum.

Mentioned in this post
Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
15. Re: Byron or Noosa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Byron Bay