We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?

London
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?

I've always wanted to visit Byron and have booked to go in early Feb this year.

I'm trying to book accommodation and don't know whether we will need aircon at that time of year? Lots of places don't seem to have it, but I'll be quite heavily pregnant so am wondering what the heat/humidity is like at night?

Any advice much appreciated!

7 replies to this topic
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,704 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?

It's summer. It will be hot and possibly humid. Australians can usually cope beside the seaside without aircon, but if you're coming from London, I suspect you'll need it.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?

Yes; even if you don’t end up using it, it’s good to know it’s there. February is the most humid month of the year.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,165 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?

February is usually our hottest, most humid month, and as a local I can tell you how revolting it feels to be sweating while drying off from a cool shower!

The women I know who have been heavily pregnant in February have spent the month hiding in Air Con or in the pool.

Cheers.

Edited: 12:31 am, December 03, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?

Oh hell yeah! As sweet pointed out it’s the hottest/humid month of the year. Definitely aircon

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,136 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?

I wouldn't even consider being there if there was no air con available at that time of year, pregnant or not. You could end up being very miserable without it, particularly when you're trying to sleep.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?

Yes, you will enjoy the convenience of having it.

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
973 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?

When looking for accommodation with aircon, check to see that the bedroom has a split system rather than a box unit. Apart from being more efficient, the split system will be a lot quieter as the motor will be in a separate unit attached to the exterior away from the bedroom. If you are not used to the noise, a box unit can easily keep you awake at night. Cool, but not asleep.

Reply to: Early Feb in Byron, do you need aircon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Byron Bay