We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet-Friendly Things to do on Manitoulin Island

Lebanon...
1 post
Save Topic
Pet-Friendly Things to do on Manitoulin Island

We are planning a trip to Manitoulin Island with our dog. Can anyone provide me with any pet-friendly info for that area...things to do, places to stay, etc?

1 reply
Mindemoya, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet-Friendly Things to do on Manitoulin Island

Hi,

I live on the island and have a dog, and i can take her pretty much everywhere. Some places and beaches require a leash but there are lots of areas that do not, and I think every town has a place where your dog can go leash free. I am not overly familiar with exactly which places are ok with dogs staying there. I own Timberlane Rustic Lodges and we do allow dogs, and I know that are lots of other places that do. Your best bet is to go to the Manitoulin Tourism website, and go to the town that you want to stay in, and check out the websites of the different tourism places to see if they are pet friendly or not. If you are coming across to the island on the Ferry, then you can check out a place called the purple dog house in Tobemory while you are waiting, they have lots of great dog stuff. I hope you enjoy your trip with your furry friend!

Reply to: Pet-Friendly Things to do on Manitoulin Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manitoulin Island