We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

Seeking advice on cottages on Manitoulin. We are a family of 4 (kids 7 and 9) looking to stay for 3 or 4 nights on Manitoulin - preferably in the central part of the island - in a clean cottage. Hoping for boat rentals/fishing, clean cabins and possibly laundry facilities (our stay will be on part of a 2 week trek). After digging through some websites, we came of with a list of possibilities, and would love opinions on any of the following:

Lakeview Resort

Fred's Camp & Cottages

Red Lodge Resort

The Island Lodge

Sunset Bay Resort

Timberlane Rustic Lodges

Wee Point Resort

Of course, if anyone has had an excellent experience elsewhere that would fit our needs, please let us know.

Thanks!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

hey there,

i saw ur post bt no replies? i was wondering if u got an answer for the same. from anyone.. we ar planning a trip too around july... any suggestions?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

Hi thefourskis,

Welcome to the MANITOULIN ISLAND TRAVEL FORUM.

As you may have figured out "generally" TripAdvisor doesn't review Cottages or Private Accommodations... as you have the names of some places in mind... I suggest that you use GOOGLE to see if you can generate any "hits" on them... I'd type in the name of the property along with the word Review (ie - Lakeview Resort Manitoulin Review).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

None of the places listed were willing to rent for a partial week unless we were able to wait until the last minute to book -- ie, a week ahead of our trip.

Silver Birches claimed to be willing to do a partial week stay, but they have not returned our most recent inquiry in nearly 3 weeks and we are getting frustrated.

On top of this, due to the failing health of a family member, we have pretty much decided not to take a long vacation into Canada. So, it looks like the frustration with finding a place to stay combined with family situation means that Manitoulin Island is not going to happen this year. Probably just going to do a long weekend to Toronto and Niagara Falls.

Denmark
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

Right now - we are staying here at:

Endaa-Aang Tourism - Cabins, Teepees and Camping - Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation ( Canada, Ontario ) - Great Spirit Circle Trail - 705 368 0548

And it is great - not a lot of activity right now (off season, bad weather), but the cabin is clean and spacious and the management is very kind and helpful.

Cheers

Claus

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,527 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

Hi;

Just to clarify the post by Kladde / Claus...

He is staying near the town of Little Current, at the northern end of Manitoulin Island.

http://www.aokfn.com/contact.htm

Best Regards

Denmark
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

Thanks - have been trying hard to find info on the net - and there it is - thanks again!

Edited: 9:36 pm, June 25, 2010
Sudbury, ON
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

Hi, I own Timberlane Rustic Lodges, which of course makes me a bit biased as to which one of the places I like the best. :) I noticed that in one of the replies, someone said that the resorts listed would not do a partial week, but we absolutely do partial weeks. We also offer meals - full home cooked breakfast and supper, or we have a bed and breakfast option and we have one rental cottage that is housekeeping. Unfortunately I do not have a laundry facility, but there is a brand new one in Mindemoya which is only 12 minutes away. We also have rental boats for fishing - 17 ft stanley aluminums and pontoon boats as well. We clean and package your fish for you at no extra charge. And the fishing on Lake Manitou is great! If you haven't found anything yet, please give us a call and we will see if we can find a spot for you. If you have already found something, I hope you have a great vacation and enjoy all there is to do on the Island, and if you'd like to come by and see our place, we would love to show you around!

Laura

8. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:47 pm, September 21, 2010
9. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, September 21, 2010
10. Re: Cottage resorts on Manitoulin

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 21, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Manitoulin Island