We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Austell to Tintagel Castle

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
St Austell to Tintagel Castle

Hi All

It seems i am very active here of late!! I need to get from St Austell to Tintagel on 19th April 2011. I know train from St Austell to Bodmin Park then its bus but cannot locate which? I have to be back in St Austell for 1700 the latest as we have train back to London the same evening. We plan to set off by 0900h on 19th from St Austell to Tintagel. ANy advice will be gratefully received, thanks in advance.

Regards

Jincs

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Austell to Tintagel Castle

Hmm - you are going to struggle to get to Tintagel, visit the castle and be back in SA by 5pm, but if you are set on doing it, you need to take bus 555 from Bodmin to Wadebridge, then bus 594 to Tintagel - the timetables can be found here: www.westerngreyhound.com/routes_and_times.php .

Better still, take bus 521 or 527 to Newquay and catch bus 594 from there.

However, there may be an alternative way of doing it if you are willing to take your luggage with you - what date are you expecting to make this journey ?

Edited: 2:18 pm, March 05, 2011
Gibraltar
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Austell to Tintagel Castle

Hi

Thanks for the prompt reply, we are travelling very very light, our date of travel is the 19th April 2011, we plan to check out by 0900 at the very latest and get to St Austell from the premier inn by taxi, hoping to catch the next available train to Bodmin Parkway and then onto Tintagel. Not sure how long the bus journey from Bodmin Parkway to Tintagel takes.

Our train is not until 1840 from St Austell to Paddington.

Regards

Jincs

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Austell to Tintagel Castle

Your train from St.Austel will probably call at Bodmin Parkway as well, so if you take your luggage with you, you should be able to get about 4 hours in Tintagel.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,582 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Austell to Tintagel Castle

All trains from St Austell stop at Bodmin so you could join the train at Bodmin instead of going back to St Austell.

5. Re: St Austell to Tintagel Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St Austell