We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cornwall self catering cottage in July

Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cornwall self catering cottage in July

Hi all, My husband and I were looking for a cottage, not too expensive for a week in Cornwall. We stayed at a nice B@B last June. There was not much privacy and the room was very plain. For what you pay for a B@B, for just a little more you can get a self catering cottage with kitchen washer and dryer. Also we do not mind eating lunch out but but dinner can be really expensive for very basic food. We would rather save the money and cook dinner ourselves. If any one has any suggestions it would be much appreciated. We were looking for something charming, slightly modern, possibly internet access maybe near the beach or just a pretty location. We will be renting a car so we will have transport.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Our price range for 1 week is between $600- 1,000 U.S. dollars.

Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cornwall self catering cottage in July

Hi Morwena

I live in st Austell and know of a very good self contained apartment below a large bungalow in Mevagissey.

Others who have stayed there usually return. It has lovely sea views, garden BBQ area, safe parking and a footpath down to the beach. It is a very quiet area at the end of a private lane. If you are interested I will enquire if it is available this year or is fully booked.

I know the lady who cleans the apartment and she is fastidious.

Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cornwall self catering cottage in July

look at www.cornish-cottages.com for some lovely cottages in and near port isaac

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cornwall self catering cottage in July

Hi there

Take a look at www.polperro.org for loads of lovely cottages in this pretty fishing village

4. Re: Cornwall self catering cottage in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St Austell
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question