We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup 2018

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Hisaronu
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
World Cup 2018

Hi All,

We will be in the area whilst the England world cup games are on. So all being well with the weather, I am hoping to find a bar in the area that shows football on an outdoor screen.

So with the above in mind, can anyone please advise if this is an option and if so the name of the venue and if not, where's the best place for atmosphere to catch a game?

Thanks Adam

4 replies to this topic
Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
707 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Cup 2018

Just noticed your query is on the Perranporth forum as well as Newquay. Please see my answer about Newquay, but don't know anywhere similar in Perranporth

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
610 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World Cup 2018

The Perranporth Inn and the Watering Hole will definitely be showing the football in Perranporth, usually The Seiners do and there is also Walkabout in Newquay and probably lots of other places in Newquay, none of them outside though unless they try something new this year.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Hisaronu
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World Cup 2018

Thanks Coxei, we don't get down to Perran sands until late Saturday 24th June (long drive), so we are going to stay in Perranporth for the Sunday match, then head into Newquay for the Wednesday evening match.

If it's a sunny day we can head to the beach then make our way to the watering hole for the match and a few beers, then back on the beach again, failing that the Perranporth Inn it will be.

Thanks again Adam

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
610 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World Cup 2018

Good plan, I think you'll find a great atmosphere in any of those places.

Reply to: World Cup 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Perranporth