We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice little eating places in Hayle

Cornwall
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Nice little eating places in Hayle

In the Foundry area of Hayle (where the railway bridge crosses the road) there are a few nice little eating places. Fresh, run by a German lady, excellent daytime snacks and homemade cakes, next door you will find Mr. B's for icecream that is excellent, just past the round-a-bout is Salt, open from breakfast onwards until late at night. These places give good service, have friendly staff and is not expensive, they deserve to be mentioned.

8 replies to this topic
Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice little eating places in Hayle

I would recommend this place, enjoyed many a meal here

staustellbrewery.co.uk/pubs/a-z-of-pubs/80-b…

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice little eating places in Hayle

Must try to keep my eyes out for this place in August.

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
606 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice little eating places in Hayle

Check out this also Pepsi - very useful site:

http://www.eatoutcornwall.com

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice little eating places in Hayle

thanks we just booked for Easter too!!

Can't wait...not looking forward to the drive tho!!! 5 hours if we are lucky...

Hayle, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1,091 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice little eating places in Hayle

In addition it should be mentioned that there are around 29 places to purchase food in Hayle and 6 just outside.

English food...5

Pubs & Hotel..5

Chinese..3

Indian...4

Thai...1

Italian {Pizza}..1

Fish & Chips..4

Pasties...4

Ice cream ...2

So during the day and in the evening you can park in the large central car park and within five minutes walk pretty much cover the lot.

If you are into take away food,after purchase drive to the memorial walk overlooking the large mill pond,there is a good place to eat and watch the wild life.

You will also find four small supermarkets if you intend a BBQ on the beach and need some provisions.

For such a small if long town,it caters pretty well for most tastes as well as avoiding the summer parking problems of it more famous neighbours such as St.Ives & Penzance.

Finally do not forget the three miles of beach and sand dunes that are great for building an appetite.

Broadstone, Dorset
Level Contributor
6 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice little eating places in Hayle

I never pass Hayle without popping into Philps Bakery at the western end of the little town. In fact, I have done large diversions to visit Philps in the past. Best pasty in the area:

http://www.philpspasties.co.uk/

My perfect spring day would finish buying a pasty before Philps closes, and drive up to Godrevy point and just sit there for hours watching the seals at sunset.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice little eating places in Hayle

''Best pasty in the area:''

In your opinion, but not mine. I prefer Hampsons butchers in Hayle. In my opinion one of the best in Cornwall. http://hampsonsofhayle.co.uk/

But people like different pasties, so there will always be a debate, and there have been a few on here before!

Edited: 1:06 pm, March 03, 2014
Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice little eating places in Hayle

We have just returned from our 2nd hols in Hayle, we had a wonderful meal at the

The Watermill, which is listed on Tripadvisor/St Ives, but is 5 minutes outside of Hayle. Food was great, reasonable prices and lovely welcoming atmosphere in the pub.

A real gem of a find.

Reply to: Nice little eating places in Hayle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hayle
Recent Conversations