We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haven - Riviere Sands

Havant,Hants
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Haven - Riviere Sands

According to Haven Riviere Sands has Direct Access to the beach....Warning - don't expect to get to the beach if you have any kind of walking difficulty or have been on an intensive Commando training course,or if you are 60 plus. Easy it aint !

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haven - Riviere Sands

Hi there

isn't the beach access via the sand dunes?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haven - Riviere Sands

<<Warning - don't expect to get to the beach if you have any kind of walking difficulty>>

You mean, just like it says on the very first page of their website, in the first section entitled "Direct Beach access" ?

"Whilst there is direct beach access to the fantastic sandy beaches from the Park, if you do have walking difficulties or are wheelchair bound, the beach is not accessible via this access. "

Havant,Hants
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haven - Riviere Sands

Hi joeintheuk. Just to clarify that the new warning on Haven Online is the result of my efforts to bring this to the public's attention.We went there in May,2009 when all that you got was Direct Access to the beach without the current warning. They have only added this in the last two months as a result of my complaints after spending a week looking down on inaccessible beaches from the dunes. OK ?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haven - Riviere Sands

My apologies for not being psychic !

As a matter of interest, why post this here, now that there is a very clear warning?

Havant,Hants
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haven - Riviere Sands

joeintheuk, when I first posted the warning I had no knowledge that haven had updated to include the warning which I HAD REQUESTED.With respect I still don't think that the warning gives a true indication of the difficulties you face in getting down to the beach. Have you actually been there ? It isn't what i call Direct access and without my efforts this warning would not be there now. Too much information is better than too little and I would prefer this info to have been there BEFORE we made our choice based on the Haven boast of Direct Access to the beach.It should have told us the truth.

Isn't this what this website is all about....sharing experiences for the benefit of others ? you sound like a Haven employee !

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,589 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haven - Riviere Sands

I am now a little puzzled as to why you have posted this warning now, in October when your experience of it was in May? Surely it would have been better to have posted it then, would have made more sense to me.

Anyway, you have brought it all to everyone's attention in case they miss it on the website, so thank you for that.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haven - Riviere Sands

<<Have you actually been there >>

Nope. But look at it from the POV of an outsider, such as, err, me.

In OCTOBER you post a review saying 'direct access doesn't mean that if you are disabled", go to website, its says 'no direct access if you are disabled".

... so, whats to complain about NOW in October? Your warning would, I am sure, have been timely in May, but not now. Go see David Tennant and see if you can get your message posted 6 months ago.

Anyway, can't hang around here, got to go and clean the toilets at Haven, they are in a shocking state.

8. Re: Haven - Riviere Sands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Hayle
Recent Conversations