We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boscastle:recovering from the flood?

Jericho, Vermont
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Boscastle:recovering from the flood?

hello, my sister and i are heading to Boscastle/Tintagel area the 2nd week of august. I have heard they are still struggling to recover from the flood. does anyone have any insight on how the area is fairing? is it not such a good idea to stay in that area just now? if anyone could let me know the situation there, i would greatly appreciate it! thank you, CLM

Boscastle Harbour
Historic Walking Areas, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
910 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boscastle:recovering from the flood?

You have nothing to worry about coming here it is such a beautiful area and it is getting back to relative normal now although some shops have gone! With regards to staying in Boscastle if you are concerned stay just outside and visit for the day etc., there are lots of lovely places to stay nearby and they too will be glad that "tourists" are still coming to them for their livelihood depends on you!

Visit www.boscastlecornwall.org.uk and go to the "Guest Book" to see comments on people who have visited this year.

Hope this helps and have a lovely holiday.

Fowey, Cornwall
Level Contributor
152 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boscastle:recovering from the flood?

Yes Boscastle is making a quick recovery. You should feel comfortable staying anywhere in the area and are sure to have a good time.

3. Re: Boscastle:recovering from the flood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, November 02, 2005
4. Re: Boscastle:recovering from the flood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:36 am, November 02, 2005
Bristol
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boscastle:recovering from the flood?

The village has just about been rebuilt completely and is well worth a visit / stay.

If you are there for an over nihgt try your hardest to get in at the BOttreaux Hotel and a table in their restaurant if they still have any left.

Boscastle, Cornwall
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Boscastle:recovering from the flood?

We're pretty much as we were, with one or two improvements and one sad loss (the Long Bar at the Wellington's been 'modernised' - ah well). So you'd be most welcome!

Get answers to your questions about Boscastle