We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southampton fc tickets

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Southampton fc tickets

we r three saints fans from the north (Staffordshire)

We are not season ticket holders but would love to get hold of 3 tickets to watch the Saints at Wembley on March 28th.

Is there Any season ticket holder out there who cannot attend this event but would be willing to help me obtain some tickets

These tickets are first on sale to sesason ticket holders only.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southampton fc tickets

Is there any particular reason you posted this in the Hounslow forum? Is there a secret coven of Saints supporters there? If not, I suggest you repost in the Portsmouth ooops I mean the Southampton, forum. And also look for a Saints fc forum, there must be one.

Its hard to imagine it will sell out though, or have they restricted attendance to well below capacity?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southampton fc tickets

Apart from security issues......wasn't there some violence last week between southampton and Pompey fans?

ebay is probably a better bet for you. or the club fans' sites...

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southampton fc tickets

<<And also look for a Saints fc forum, there must be one.>>

I should have made clear, look outside of TA, there isn't one in here :-)

Peterscot, there is *always* violence between Pompey and Saints fans.

But they arent playing Pompey on 28th , its the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, v

Carlisle.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southampton fc tickets

Hi,

Yes, I know who'splaying. My point being that I suspect there is a reason why tickets are only available to season ticket holders. It's usually for segregation and identification of the troublemakers.

The OP says he's from the north. I don't doubt it, but rival fans in the past have pretended to be fans of the other team to get tickets for finals.

I can remember just before a famous Wembley upset that a lot of fans at Wimbledon FC suddenly developed Scouse accents!

Not that I think Carlisle fans would do that.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southampton fc tickets

<<I suspect there is a reason why tickets are only available to season ticket holders>>>

Is that the case though? the op just said they were *first* on sale to season ticket holders, not *only* on sale.

Unless the capacity has been seriously restricted I'd have thought its not going to be a sellout, but I dont know whats happened at previous finals re restricting the number of seats, maybe they do?

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southampton fc tickets

The OP probably has a concern that the average attendance (say 20k containing the approx 15k season ticket holders ... or whatever the numbers are) suddenly increases to 40-45k people wanting to go to Wembley for a day out making getting a ticket "on general release" a bit difficult.

Still, as said previously try a Saints forum rather than TA. Much better hit rate I would have said (and, IMO, any season ticket holder worth their salt would either be going or giving the ticket to their mates).

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southampton fc tickets

only been given 44,ooo tickets they will all go.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southampton fc tickets

Yeh, point taken.

Shouldn't av really put it on ere

9. Re: Southampton fc tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 16, 2010