We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting here by train?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
309 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Getting here by train?

I am visiting Stourport on Severn, however I do not know how to get there from London.

What train do I need to take from London to get there??

I was told that I need to get off at the Kidderminster train station or the Worcester Forgate St Station.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,495 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting here by train?

It's on the outskirts of Kidderminster. But there are no direct trains from London to Kidderminster. Unless anyone can suggest different they'll be two changes of train - generally go to Birmingham and change to a different station there

See nationalrail.co.uk for details

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting here by train?

Hi hope this link helps

chilternrailways.co.uk/station/kidderminster

you can also try rail easy who take international bookings

http://www.raileasy.co.uk

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,495 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting here by train?

Or instead pick a company that doesn't charge for bookings or CC use like eastcoast.co.uk, firstscotrail.com, crosscountry.co.uk - or possibly even Chiltern Railways

Easiest is from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street then from there to Kidderminster

Warwick
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting here by train?

Direct trains for Kidderminster leave from London Marylebone at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm and 8pm each weekday.

Advance fares are available from £5 each way.

Walk-on fares are available at £34.90 return (or £21.50 return for 8pm departure). Return within a month.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
309 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting here by train?

Thank you everyone for your help. I must say I am still a bit confused... however from what I gather, there is no direct line from London. Am I correct in assuming that I take the National Rail from London? I would like to take the most direct route possible.

How about getting to Worcester Forgate St Station? Any direct trains from London?

I am running out of battery here.. so I will check the links tomorrow. Thank you again for all the help.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting here by train?

You take a train from London run by whatever company runs the route - National Rail doesn't run trains, just provides info.

For a direct train (ie no changes) Chiltern run a few evening services from London Marylebone to Kidderminster (and a few morning services from Kidderminster to London). In the day you have to change at Birmingham. They sell cheap e-tickets on their website for advance purchase.

Alternatively there are direct services from London Paddington to Worcester run by First Great Western, roughly once an hour. Most of them go to Foregate Street, but the odd one stops short at Shrub Hill on the outskirts of town There are no cheap advance tickets on the Worcester line

worcestershire.gov.uk/chym/…

worcestershire.gov.uk/chym/…

will be useful

7. Re: Getting here by train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 18, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Stourport on Severn