We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Devizes Travelodge

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Devizes Travelodge

Hi. Which is the nearest "decent" pub to the Travelodge. Also, how long does it take to walk into town? Have read differing reports, from 15 mins to 40!!!!!!

7 replies to this topic
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Devizes Travelodge

Sorry, I can't advise on pubs, but the walk into the town centre is about a mile, so allow 20 minutes.

P-t-B

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Devizes Travelodge

I stayed here just after it opened, the lodge is a bit hard to see from the road, being set back and in a slightly industrial area. We couldn't find anywhere to eat within a short walking distance - ended up with sandwiches and fruit from Morrisons! No doubt there are some nice places in town but we were there on a Friday and the receptionist said we should have booked somewhere as they get busy! Sorry, can't be more helpful, but you may be better driving to find somewhere.

Wiltshire, England
Level Contributor
307 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Devizes Travelodge

The Hourglass is about half a mile from the Travelodge, about a 10 minute walk. It's a modern pub, next to the canal, food usually good. That's going away from the town centre, which is less than a mile away. Your closest pub in town is the Bell on the Green which does food.

http://www.hourglassdevizes.com/

www.wadworth.co.uk/devizes/bell_by_the_green/

There are lots of places to eat a little further into town. Some might need booking (Bistro, Peppermill, Upstairs at Jacks) but not always. I live half a mile further away from the Travelodge and a taxi into the town centre is under a fiver so that's always an option.

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Devizes Travelodge

Thanks for your replies.

Wiltshire, England
Level Contributor
307 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Devizes Travelodge

A quick note - Devizes is a country town and more or less shuts down after 9 or 10 pm in the evenings so bear in mind most places stop serving after 9 or 9.30pm.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Devizes Travelodge

Hi there

If you just want a great pub that sells top notch real ale, try the British Lion, which is 50 yards further on past the Bell By The Green, opposite Qwik Fit. They always have four real ales on offer, plus real cider. and the place has some very friendly ( and quirky) locals. It's my preferred watering hole in the town

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Devizes Travelodge

Thanks Geoff....might give it a try.

Reply to: Devizes Travelodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Devizes