We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in town possible closer than the car park?

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in town possible closer than the car park?

Someone asked a ? last March re: parking in Castle Combe and this was the response: "The parking area in Castle Combe is at the top of the hill at the north end of the village. Easy to get down but a hefty climb back up if you are not a great walker. Sometimes, if it's on a quiet day, there may be a place to slot it near the public toilets at the south entrance to the village but if it's a weekend, forget it."

Could someone please elaborate on what is meant about finding a place to park near the public toilets? We'll be coming from Bath. Would we just drive through the middle of town, since at this point in our journey a bathroom would be a welcome break and with a recent foot injury, I'd prefer to not have a hefty climb back up to the carpark? We'll be arriving early afternoon on Thurs. May 10th. Thanks for your help.

16 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,189 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking in town possible closer than the car park?

Local dialect as in Wor Kid? Wor House

Wor Jackie?

War Horse

I'll get me coat

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Parking in town possible closer than the car park?

We'd also like to read kcowley's trip report....

Incidentally, visited CC ourselves recently. Road signs on the approach to the area are clearly designed to direct people towards the car park. It's clear to see why cars are discouraged from driving and parking through the village. And, yes, someone had parked outside the public toilets!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Parking in town possible closer than the car park?

Hahha. Americans. Well, this Canadian will be polite and thank you in advance for answering a similar question I have - much appreciated. We will be going in November and will certainly park at the top of the hill, I imagine the walk is about 7 minutes through terrible scenery on the way - ;)

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Parking in town possible closer than the car park?

Does anyone know about parking for the disabled? Want to take my dad there tomorrow and definitely don’t want to risk that hill with him!!!!!

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Parking in town possible closer than the car park?

I don't think that there is any marked "disabled only" parking in the village itself, but there are plenty of yellow lines that I guess you could park on in the village itself if you / he have a blue badge on display in the car.

Take a tour of the high street on Google Streetview to see.

P-t-B

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London, Windsor
Level Contributor
7,757 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Parking in town possible closer than the car park?

Maybe get there as early as you can. I was there yesterday and a couple of days before that; early afternoon.

No parking to be found in the village centre or by the toilets. But if you can get there for around 9am / 9.30am you *might* find a space outside the pub.

Reply to: Parking in town possible closer than the car park?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Castle Combe