We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from the US to Ilkley...

CA
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from the US to Ilkley...

My daughter has an event to attend in Ilkley. She will be coming from the states. Anyone know the easiest way to get there? She could fly into any major airport, although it looks like Manchester is the closest. Is there a direct train from Manchester or London to Ilkley? Once there, are cabs easy to get from point to point? Also, if she does want to spent a couple of days in London, is it easy to take a train there from Ilkley? Thanks for any info.

Mentioned in this post
Ilkley
Ilkley
West Yorkshire, UK
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
London
London
England, UK
13 replies to this topic
CA
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Traveling from the US to Ilkley...

I didn't know there was not a railway station at the Leeds Bradford airport. She is staying that night in Ilkley and will have several pieces of luggage, so I suppose taking a taxi to Guiseley might be the easiest or if not too much more money, taking it all the way to Ilkley.

Mentioned in this post
Leeds
Leeds
West Yorkshire, UK
Bradford
Bradford
West Yorkshire, UK
Ilkley
Ilkley
West Yorkshire, UK
Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,280 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Traveling from the US to Ilkley...

This is the benefit of flying into Manchester. There is a train station right in the airport with direct services to Leeds. And there are direct flights into Manchester from several US hub airports. So it may well make the flight less complex and time-consuming, and then it's a simple one change train ride to Ilkley. That is what I'd do....

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Leeds
Leeds
West Yorkshire, UK
Ilkley
Ilkley
West Yorkshire, UK
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Traveling from the US to Ilkley...

Hi

KLM / Delta route is definately a good option. There are 3 (soon to be 4) Leeds - AMS flights every day - I use this route regularly. She could fly into Leeds and then out of Heathrow to save making the return journey back to the north from London. KLM usually allow this type of ticket without making extra charges.

Taxis from LBA to Ilkley should cost £20.

Beware that LBA has a very strict 1 piece of hand baggage rule (even laptop bags and handbags count as separate items) for passengers flying out of the airport. Check out the airport website: http://www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/

Amanda

Mentioned in this post
Leeds
Leeds
West Yorkshire, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
London
London
England, UK
Ilkley
Ilkley
West Yorkshire, UK
Reply to: Traveling from the US to Ilkley...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ilkley
Recent Conversations
More Ilkley Topics