We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving across the border

VA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
driving across the border

I am interested in traveling through Bulgaria (from Sofia through the mountains) and ending up in mainland Greece. Is it possible to drive a rental across the border? I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Sofia
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: driving across the border

It is possible but must advance to reserve a car from a company that offers car rental with insurance and required documents.

If necessary you can contact me at e-mail: tony_jb1@abv.bg

and will try to help you but I will have to clarify in more detail what kind of car and what date you need will be happy if I can be useful Tony.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: driving across the border

No worries with that. Just make sure you let your car rental agent know that well in advance, so that they can sort out the paperwork.

Edited: 10:56 am, January 26, 2010
3. Re: driving across the border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Smolyan
More Smolyan Topics