We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can we take food into Nicaragua

Spiritwood, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
can we take food into Nicaragua

We are going to Nicraagua and have heard that you can take food from Canada; apparently butter tastes awful. What kinds of food are allowed with us?

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can we take food into Nicaragua

they have the same butter here. I buy country crock spreadable butter the exact same as i did in the states. tastes exactly the same.

You can pretty much take any food. The last time we had a friend visit, my sister sent down an entire suitcase of nothing but food for us including arbys sandwiches and taco john's stuff in a hot/cold bag. as well as various junk food you cant find here, some hot sauce, seasonings, cookies, baked goods,

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can we take food into Nicaragua

Claire, you need to ask this question of the airline bringing you into Nicaragua. There is absolutely no blanket answer to the perishable good question, which butter undeniable is.

As an aside, the butter in Nica is not, INHO, awful. It's different. Everything in Nica is different. But in a good way! :)

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can we take food into Nicaragua

Travel, explore, enjoy, discover, forget about those little things that hardly matters and go into the country.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can we take food into Nicaragua

I know this isn't what you want to here...but don't take food. The food there is beautiful and simple...you can do without butter on your bread....you want an authentic experience. Let go and you will have a better time. Trying to keep that butter at a reasonable temp while traveling will take the focus off of your trip. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can we take food into Nicaragua

ditto

6. Re: can we take food into Nicaragua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 26, 2015