We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport and where to stay iin SJ del sur...

troy, MI
Level Contributor
36 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Transport and where to stay iin SJ del sur...

I am looking at either staying at a beach front hotel in the city, but there are several a mile or two from town which are very attractive.

My question is, if I stayed away from town, how easy is it to get back and forth using taxis, buses, or shuttles? Or should I get a rental car and drive down there from Managua airport? I've never been to Nicaragua.... but my spanish is fluent, and my friend is native latin american.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport and where to stay iin SJ del sur...

During the day is not a problem but at night time there is not taxis around but if you are far away talk to your hotel as they have many contact and provide you a transfer to your hotel

Byron

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport and where to stay iin SJ del sur...

I agree with the other post. I always say stay where there is activity and a bit of nightlife. You can travel to the beaches in the daytime via Taxi. If you can drive a stick shift rent a car for a couple of days and explore all of the cool beaches. My husband and I traveled to SJDS last year, can't speak Spanish and were all over the place in the truck we rented....about 400 for 7 days with no advance booking there is a Rental place right in town. The people are friendly, it's safe and almost impossible to get lost.

Best of luck

3. Re: Transport and where to stay iin SJ del sur...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, February 10, 2014
Edited: 12:35 pm, February 10, 2014
4. Re: Transport and where to stay iin SJ del sur...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 26, 2015