We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for suggestions for a good hostel in SJDS

Gatineau, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Looking for suggestions for a good hostel in SJDS

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are going to SJDS for a week of surfing/chilling out the first week of May. I am looking for suggestions for good hostels that are not to far away from the main attractions (bars/restaurants, etc). We would like a private room and are not too picky... Anyone has been there recently that had a good experience? We are also looking for a good place to get surf lessons with a good instructor. Any bars or restaurant we shouldn't miss? Any other input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for suggestions for a good hostel in SJDS

Options in SJDS for Hostal are many. Joxy hostal, Casa Oro, Hotel estrella i just stay on one on the main street is Call hostel beach fun casa 28 i just pay about US$ 8 dollars the place is super simple, clean, quiet, no private bathrooms, shared kitchen. a couple of computers free of charge, free wifi, parking spot.

Lots of different bars and restaurants but the one that always is crowded it is Iguana next to El timon Restaurant.

Many shuttle options to go to different beaches around for surfing one that is close and good for surfing or relax is Maderas BTW there is a hostel there call los 3 hermanos they provide surfing lessons and rent boards.

Gatineau, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for suggestions for a good hostel in SJDS

Thanks Byron.

Do you know if SJDS is busy during the first week of May? I wonder if we'll be able to walk around town to visit different hostels and pick the one we prefer or it will be too busy for that? I contacted a couple places and they do not seem to take reservations...

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for suggestions for a good hostel in SJDS

May is slow so it will give chance to walk around see the places, check prices anyway SJDS is a small town that you can walk it in 20 minutes.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
204 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for suggestions for a good hostel in SJDS

we were there a week and a half ago. we stayed at hotel el puerto. 25 for a private with fan and bathroom. hotel was clean and secure. the owners were great. not necessary a hostel but we really liked staying there. we did a lesson with good times surf shack and cello was awesome. cafe barrio is awesome for food.

Gatineau, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for suggestions for a good hostel in SJDS

Thanks for your input Jenna, we will definitely check those places out!

6. Re: Looking for suggestions for a good hostel in SJDS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 18, 2014