We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Remanso beach safety

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Remanso beach safety

We are a "well traveled" family of 7 renting a home near Remanso beach. We are planning to walk down to the beach and have read a few reports of issues with "bandits". If regular precautions are taken is this a real concern? Also, is this a nice beach to hang out at with both infants and young adults? It is our first time to Nicaragua but we have traveled through out central America and have had nothing but good experiences. We have also heard so many good things about the locals of San Juan Del Sur, we are hoping that having a trusted local guide is enough to be safe.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Remanso beach safety

I was there, look at my report. It's very pretty, the water was cold in early March. Also, the waves are surfer quality. I had no problem there, but have read about some theft issues.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Remanso beach safety

Great report, Thank you for the information!

Fort Lauderdale...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Remanso beach safety

I stay in Congo hills on the way down to Ramanso beach.I have been going down there for six years now and never had any issues with safty. Ramanso beach is beautiful and safe for kids, I have 3 young boys. no rip tides and great for surfing. I have been using the beach road at all hours and never had any problem. There are many surfers and beach goers using that road during the day, theres even a little fish taco stand on the beach run by a local with great food. I would say like almost any other place in the world today keep your wits about you and leave your valubles in a safe place and not with you when you go down to the beach.

have a great time

wisconsin
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Remanso beach safety

Thank you Seamus...We are really looking forward to our trip! The area looks beautiful and I think it will be perfect for all of us! Love fish tacos!

5. Re: Remanso beach safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 17, 2013