We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

Winter Park...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

Hoping to get to Nicaragua in May. Looking for a way to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur. Any suggestions?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

www.paxeos.com

www.adelanteexpress.com

www.iskratravel.com

This are 3 renown shuttle services get in touch with them to see which one fit u.

Enjoy Nicaragua.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

I agree with Byron, they can do shared or private transfers

Shallotte
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

We were in San Juan del Sur yesterday. the services previously mentioned may well offer convenience and relative comfort, they are likely to be quite expensive though, probably in the $120 and up range. I strongly suggest two alternatives, first, talk with a taxi and see he can do. A far less costly choice would be to take the bus. The great advantage beyond the savings is that not many Nicaraguans own their own cars and so there is a well developed bus network.

Going back to the cost issue, we paid $100 for four persons to travel from San Juan del Sur to the Managua airport yesterday. two days earlier, we paid $20 to a taxi driver take us from the San Jorge ferry terminal to San Juan del Sur. The bus probably would have been in the $2 per person range.

Special note: In San Juan del Sur, the waiter brings the bill and it is in cordobas, and commonly just under the Cordoba amount is the amount in dollars. The catch is that I noticed that there was sometimes about a 5 percent commission slipped in when the dollar amount was typed in! On top of paying in hard currency! So watch out!

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

A Cheaper way if you are on a budget is to take the buses that leave close to the market of Granada close to PALI supermarket and really close to the UNO Gas station takes about and 1 and a half to Rivas and from there switch to the buses that leave to SJDS or a private car for US$ 20 dollars.

5. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:55 pm, January 29, 2013
San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

NO need to watch out... NO ONE in San Juan del Sur is here to rip anyone off... If only the person would ask, what they saw was probley a volunter tip. Wow the food and drink are so low cost you will leave even more.

The uninformed person only need ask and everyone is more than happy to explain what is on any bill or check.

Shallotte
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

NO!

I am acquainted with the "voluntary" tip entry seen in some areas of the nation, including. San Juan del Sur. I referred to another entry, under the tax, under the tip, and under the total in cordobas. Make no mistake, we have visited four times before over more than a decade and have always enjoyed our visits. On the other hand, to suggest that the entire population is comprised of angels who wouldn't dream of trying to take advantage of visitors, especially visitors who may have been drinking, is sophistry.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

anyway Nicaragua is the cheapest country in Centralamerica with the same type of service and food that you would not mind to spend another US$ 0,50 on the bill

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

Can anyone tell me why these shuttle services are so expensive? To get to and from the airport in Managua, it is on par with the cost of a shuttle service in the US. With a per capita GDP of only about $2,000, it certainly is not for the expense of having a driver. Perhaps catching a taxi at the airport might be a better option?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for ways to get from Granada to San Juan del Sur

Shuttle services can be pricey on the low season but on high season Dec to April for example if you going from Managua to Granada or viceversa a shuttle with Paxeos can be from US$8 to US$23 even my self that i´m a local i used whenever i arrived ot leave from the airport.