We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Avalon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
transportation

I know this is a Nicaraguan forum, but have not recieved much info on the Costa Rica one. Am flying into Liberia airport and need a reliable transportation company for to take us to the Nic border. Have the company on the Nicaraguan side. Now need a Costa Rican company or do I just wait and take a taxi? Any ideas on the cost of that taxi?

Thanks

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation

a cab will charge you about 80 to 100 dollars for that transfer

NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation

Hello there.

Why dont you just hire a Company from Nicaragua who are experts doing this kind of transfers and tours from costa rica to Nicaragua. Macua Tours S.A. will just charge you U$150 to take you from Liberia Intl Airport to SJDS with a very comfortable transportation and a billingual tour guide who will tell you or assist you to stamp your passports at the border, in a very safe way. Their webpage is: www.macuatours.com

Let me know if you have any more questions about it.

Portsmouth, VA
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation

I have been traveling to SJDS for 5 years now(8 trips) and have bought a lot for my retirement home. I. too, wondered about flying into Liberia and taking local transport to SJDS.But, based on what i've learned from everyone I've met is that it is the classic example of "you can't get ther from here". I can't take exception to any of the other posts, but any money you save on air fare will be spent on transportation and time getting across the border. You will waste a day getting in and a day getting back down to Liberia. I have heard horror stories about it. If you are traveling across the border for a couple of days excursion, you won't mind a 3-4 hour wait at the border, but if you are headed to Liberia to catch a flight, leave a day early. Whereas, if you fly into Managua at noon, you can catch a shuttle and be in your hotel at SJDS by 3. Too many uncertainties croassing the border and I value my time more than a couple of dollars saved on airfare. Just my two cents.

Edited: 9:55 pm, September 06, 2011
Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation

Please take in consideration that moments like Xmas time or eastern the amount of nicaraguan going back and for is so big that sometimes i have to be waiting there even for 4 to 5 hours in CR border, and then Nica border.

5. Re: transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 19, 2012