We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle/Charter service from Liberia to SJDS?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle/Charter service from Liberia to SJDS?

I'm trying to arrange transportation from the Liberia airport to SJDS for a group of 8 people - I have been to SJDS in the past, but am unfamiliar with the Nicaragua-Costa Rica border. Our flight arrives on a Saturday in February at 1:30 PM and we are hoping to make it to SJDS in time to pick up our rental car before Alamo closes.

I have been told by two people that the border closes in the afternoon/evening, one said at 4PM, the other said 8 PM. Does anyone have reliable information about this?

Also, I am wondering whether it is possible to charter a van or something similar to take us the entire way from Liberia to SJDS? Does Adelante or any similar company offer this type of service? Given the size of our group, I'd really like to have some sort of arrangements set up in advance if at all possible.

Any information about transportation services or about negotiating the border would be much appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle/Charter service from Liberia to SJDS?

give a try to www.orotravel.com they go back and for to costarica and know very well the way through the border. but because they are in granada the price can be a bit high but Iskatravel or adelante express are reliable companies

And the border normally close at 8pm.

And you have alamo rent a car at SJDS.

Enjoy Nicaragua

Edited: 1:51 pm, August 26, 2011
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle/Charter service from Liberia to SJDS?

Hi there!

I just posted a review about the best way to get from Liberia Intl Airport to Sjds; I hope it helps you! check this link;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g528745-i10031-k47…

3. Re: Shuttle/Charter service from Liberia to SJDS?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 16, 2012