We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Lodging

We have 10 adults, ages 16 though 70 going to Nicaragua for a week this summer. Some are very adventurous and some prefer to relax. All love the water. We are debating between Las Finca Las Nubes and Casa del Sol. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Portsmouth, VA
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging

You might wany to consider one of the large private rentals along the north end of SJDS Bay. Try Aurora Realty or VRBO.com(vacation rentals by owner). I usually stay in town, but last year we had a group of 6 that rented a place on the water through Aurora and it was fantastic! You've got the water at your back door and you're only a 5 minute ride to town. During the day you can walk along the beach to town and back, but I you don't want to do that at night. Get a cab or have a rental car availableI've been going there at least once a year for 5 years, so if you have any specific questions, just ask. Good luck! You will be totally charmed by SJDS!

Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging

Thank you!

Are you familiar with Fincas Las Nubes or Casa de Sol? Do you have any thoughts about either?

Again, thanks for your input, I will follow through with your suggestions.

Portsmouth, VA
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging

I actually bought a lot for my retirement home outside of San Juan Del Sur and looked at property in Fincas during my search. The properties there were very nice and I'm sure they would make a very nice rental. However, it is a very eco-consious community and I'm not sure they offer A/C. I don't know if that's important to you or not, but when I'm on vacation, after a day in the sun surfing or hanging out at the beach, a shower and some A/C is nice.(I'm a spoiled Yankee, thankyouverymuch!) You might want to check on that. It is about a 10-15 minute ride to town and the beaches.

Casa del Sol is located close to the surf beach about a 20 minute drive north of SLDS. It is offered for rent through Aurora Beachfront, so it is probably real nice. I know one of their agents and they are great people to deal with. That's who I rented my place through. It is a little ways from town via a pot hole pocked road, so if getting to town and enjoying the nightlife and restaraunts is important, it could be a bit inconvenient.

I hope that helps. If you have any more questions or need some recommendations about restaunts or such, just ask. Your going to love SJDS.

4. Re: Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 01, 2012