We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sjds atv rentals

2 posts
Save Topic
sjds atv rentals

i stayed in mal pais, costa rica last year and was able to rent an atv for the week to get into town and to the nearby beaches, is this possible in san juan del sur? is there any place to rent atvs for the week? can you ride them from town to the surf beaches up north or is this too far? i want to be able to easily enjoy the town and the beaches that are a bit farther away. would a car be a better choice? are there frequent shuttles to the beaches? ho much do they cost? i will be traveling the first week in may, so the rain should not yet be a problem. thx!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sjds atv rentals

Yes you can rent ATVs in town. When I was there they only had 1 place and it was more expensive then Mal Pais. The roads to many of the beaches were really bad, so an ATV was great. I don't know how the beach shuttle, mini vans and taxis get to some of them. I don't know how often the shuttle leaves, but I saw it going through town many times a day. SJDS is a reat town with real streets, not like Mal Pais or Santa Teresa dirt roads and a few stores. So if you get an ATV you will be on the road with normal traffic when around town. I have noticed that on THIS forum the regualar posters are not fans of ATVs. Not sure why. I only saw ATVs on official roads. I never saw one on a beach, just parked in the parking lots like other cars.

2. Re: sjds atv rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 22, 2012