We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in San Juan

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in San Juan

we are planning a 10 day trip to san juan del sur. As i look on line we are feeling that there might not be enough to do in san juan del sur to justify staying for 10 days. should we break up the trip and spend some time in Costa Rica? Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed!

USA
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in San Juan

Hey again Chris! I'm like you and 10 days in one place seems like a lot... BUT you should be fine, San Juan Del Sur has tons to do-- surfing and fishing tours, canopy tours, horseback riding! Check out Pelican Eyes-- they offer some sailing trips that are real cool. I think they even have a few that take you to another island for the weekend. The SJDS locals are great so you don't get that "touristy" vibe there that you do in some places. You'll be fine for 10 days i think. Have a great trip.

Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in San Juan

I had a great time in SJdS, but I can't imagine spending 10 days there unless you have some other side trips planned to occupy some of those days. It's not a big place.

I'm sure there are boats to charter and waves to be surfed, but as far as the town itself, it's just kind of a small casual place. Nice for walking around and relaxing for a couple of days which is what I was looking for after a few rigorous days on Ometepe.

Ricardo's Bar is a great place to go for a meal and meet up with other travellers who I'm sure could give you ideas on things to do nearby.