We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

costa rica/nicaragua border

Ontario
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
costa rica/nicaragua border

Was recently told there may be a problem at the border, re. the mistake of the google maps...does anybody know anything about this?

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: costa rica/nicaragua border

Am doing the same crossing and I havent heard about any issues crossing the border.

Montezuma, Costa...
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: costa rica/nicaragua border

Hi There,

I'm assuming you are doing the regular border crossing on the Pacific side at Penas Blancas (south of Rivas in Nic, north of Liberia in CR).

If so, you should have no issue whatsover. The invasion/map prob whatever is in an isolated region on the other side.

I don't know which way you are crossing (Cr to Nic or vice versa) , but either way, doing it via Ticabus, Nicabus or Trans Nica (the international buses) makes it sooooo much easier.

Let me know if you have more questions - I've done this crossing many times

Portland, OR>
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: costa rica/nicaragua border

My daughter and fiance crossed last Tuesday and it is very confusing once you get at the crossing. You will have an easier time if you go real early in the morning especially if you do not speak much Spanish.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: costa rica/nicaragua border

I think I know what you are referring to, but if you are going to cross at Penas Blancas then it won't effect you. As far as border crossings go I think it is pretty easy. If you are new to border crossings in CA then it may be confusing. Just make sure you have all your stamps in your passport, out of and into the countries so you won't have a problem later on. Also have US currency and smaller bills. If you want more info there are some You Tube videos on people who crossed. They walk you thru the whole process of crossing at Penas Blancas.

5. Re: costa rica/nicaragua border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:04 pm, June 12, 2012
6. Re: costa rica/nicaragua border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 05, 2011