We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Pools

College Park, FL
2 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Pools

We will be spending 2 weeks in SJDS in July with 3 children, all of whom are amazing swimmers. My husband and I enjoy good food and cocktails and have had good experiences in the past when we have eaten at a restaurant/ bar that also has a pool so we can hang out and kids can swim. Usually, but not always, these are located at a hotel. Obviously we would patronize the business and spend $ on food and drinks- not just use the pool. Are there any places in SJDS that will allow us to use the pool if we eat at the restaurant? Beach bars/ restaurants also fit the bill.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Pools

I think that the best place for that will be Pelican Eyes

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Pools

Another option will be Casa del Soul, this place is not exactly in the town but 5 minutes driving. This is a luxury house in which you can rent the rooms as a hotel, with internet access, pool, palapa with hammmock, beatiful view of the bay and much more, see their web www.casadelsoul.info

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Pools

Pelican Eyes!

If you're there for 2 weeks a night at Casa del Soul would be a good idea.

If you don't want to stay the night email the owner asking if you have lunch there can you use the pool, I'm sure in 'green' season he can accomodate you, the beach there is a gem!

College Park, FL
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Pools

We already have a house reserved in which to stay. It is on the beach and has a pool, so we're good there. We just won't be spending 100% of our time at the house and we like to eat out, so we are looking for places to eat that would make all of us happy- kids swim and eat, parents eat and have a couple of cocktails. Every vacation we have been on we have been able to find a few hangouts like this by chance, I was just trying to actually plan ahead.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Pools

Then Pelican Eyes is your place.

Ontario
Level Contributor
539 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Pools

Not sure what nights of the week, but have friends who plan around the happy hours at the Pelican Eyes!!!! Make sure to try the margaritas!

Kirkland, WA
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Pools

We were in the same boat last Thanksgiving in San Juan Del Sur and we stayed just out of town (on the road into town) at Hotel Villas de Palermo and found it to have a great pool with spectacular sunset views, a great pool and a nice resaraunt and bar.

I agree that Pelican Eyes has a nice setting, but the night we were there with our kids there was what apeared to be a bachlerotte party, nothing over the top just not the best setting for a family of four.

I would highly reccomend checking out Hotel Villas de Palermo for dinner drinks and a swin. It's a condo complex with a gate, but I'm sure all you'd have to do let them know you're going to dinner. Very friendly place with a spectacular view.

Surfdad

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Pools

El Colibri is a good restaurant in the town, near the church.

No pool but great food, big portions too!

Kirkland, WA
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Pools

Thenicaraguablog is right El Colibri is an amazing place. We went there twice while in SJDS and tried to go 3 times as it was so good. There is a serene courtyard to have a cocktail or nice glass of wine. The owners daughter was our daughters age and they had a great time together. The food and atmosphere is very nice. Go early in your trip to make sure you are able to go back if you like it.

Surfdad

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
8 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Pools

Bambu has a splash pool at their restaurant. It is found on the northern side of the bay on the beachfront.

Pelican Eyes is probably your best bet for a large pool. They have 3 you can enjoy with your family.