We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

Which San Juan del Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, SC
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

I need reliable transportation for family arriving in Managua at 8:30 at night and would like to get them to San Juan del Sur that night if possible. Haven't seen anything posted about Adelante since 2008.

Just curious.

Thanks!

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

Adelante Express is not the only source of transportation to get your family safe to San juan del Sur. Nicaragua Escapade can hel you out with that, www.nicaraguaescapade.weebly.com send them an email. Like i said not only Adelante Express is available.

NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

You should also try a reliable tour operator from Nicaragua and costa rica, the use modern Vans with billingual drivers, their webpage is www.macuatours.com , i will always higly recommend them.

Lancaster, Pa
Level Contributor
94 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

My buddy and I used adelante express to and from SJDS to Manuagua in mid May of this year. The vans were air conditioned and the drivers very curteous and arrived on time or early. The only issue we had was on arrival in Manauga we had to wait about 30 minutes for a few additional people to arrive and share the van to SJDS. We didn't care about the wait but we we charged the same price for a shared taxi with 5 people that was quoted for a private taxi. BUT they gave a us a great refund on the return trip so we were more than happy we used them. I would recommend them hands down but just be aware the driver may not speak much or any English but he will be able to get and English speaker on the phone if you need one.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

Nicaragua Escapade is offering promotions on some of the most requested destinations in Nicaragua, the difference to Adelante Express is that they will offer private transportation and not a shared shuttle and it is still affordable. www.nicaraguaescapade.weebly.com

Edited: 8:30 pm, June 16, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

Hi,

I spent 6 weeks in SJdS recently. We used Iskra Travel and were so happy with their service. We had a private air conditioned van pick us up at our hotel in Managua and deliver us to our hotel in SJdS. We also used them for a few private day trips, and found their prices very reasonable. Agueda will answer your email as soon as she receives it. Check them out at :

iskratravel.com

You will not be disappointed!

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

I just got back from a trip to Nicaragua in November 2010 and wish I had known about Adelante Express before I got to San Juan del Sur. I was traveling with a group of six women and two children, and we had arranged another service via the internet to take us from Managua to San Juan del Sur. The other service we had taken from Managua to SJdS was terrible! We vowed to find another option for our return to the airport at the end of the trip.

While in San Juan del Sur I happened by the office for Adelante Express. The folks in the office were very friendly and straightforward. Not only were their rates better, but their shuttle vans were significantly more comfortable (they had a large 10 passenger van with air conditioning and working seat belts). They also had a child seat available for the toddler traveling with us.

Marlon, our driver, did not speak english, but Mark, who works in the office, is American and we were able to cover all of our arrangements with him and he was able to communicate them to Marlon before we left. Mark said he was also available by phone during our transport to the airport should we need to reach him to help translate something, or if we needed anything else. Marlon was very concerned with our comfort and safety during the trip, and he was very mindful of the kids, too, which we really appreciated. He was also a very safe driver, which was priceless.

Adelante Express was the best transportation experience my friends and I had while we were in Nicaragua. They were friendly, safe, efficient, courteous, honest and a very good value. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

That sounds excellent - can you provide contact information for Adelante?

Thanks!

nicaragua
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

Long time resident, almost ten years, here in Nicaragua and have used both Adelante Express and Iska Travel - highly recommend both. Night arrivals in Managua should consider an overnight stay near the airport (recommend Camino Royal) then shuttle service with either of the above services to San Juan del Sur. Enjoy your vacation in Nicaragua.

Marshall, MI
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

I second the advice to use Nicaragua Escapade. For a fraction more for 2 or more people you get a private ride with a service that has 5 star quality service whose staff go out of their way to show off Nicaragua.

Marshall, MI
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody have experience with Adelante Express Shuttle?

I second the advice to use Nicaragua Escapade. For a fraction more for 2 or more people you get a private ride with a service that has 5 star quality service whose staff go out of their way to show off Nicaragua.