We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belated Honeymoon in San Jaun del Sur

Washington, DC
1 post
Save Topic
Belated Honeymoon in San Jaun del Sur

My wife and I have booked space at the Pelican Eyes in San Jaun del Sur during late July - early August to celebrate our honeymoon (6-mos late!). I have read rave reviews of the Pelican Eyes but what other things should I plan to do while we're there? I think sailing, fishing several beach days are on the agenda currently. How difficult is it to set up a day trip to a volcano? I know there are several great bars on the beach and we will certainly check them out.

We're so excited!

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Belated Honeymoon in San Jaun del Sur

I'd go out on their sailing boat, about $400 last time I did it.

Was money well spent!!

Good sport fishing in that area:

http://www.nicacharters.com

theANCan also arrange 'beach hopping' tours the nearby beaches are lovely, much nicer than San Juan del Sur.

Ask them to take you to Playa Bonita, spend a half day there with a cooler box and you'll almost certainly have the whole beach to yourself.

If you mean a tour of Masaya including the volcano there contact Maria Jose at. masayatours@gmail.com

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
8 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belated Honeymoon in San Jaun del Sur

There is a fun zip line which people like to do when they visit SJDS. Horseback riding can also be arranged. You could take a nice sunset cruise.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belated Honeymoon in San Jaun del Sur

Congratulations on your recent wedding!

My hubby and I spent 6 weeks in SJDS and loved every moment of it. San Juan del Sur is a small town,but big on community spirit.There are lots of things to see and do .I was fortunate to have a fabulous sailing adventure aboard Park Avenue Villa's sailboat for $35.00, and that was for a full day including lunch and cold drinks.Also we went on some day trips.We hired a private driver to take us to the Masaya Volcano,Granada,Masaya market, Lagoon Apoyo.The driver was with Iskra travel in SJDS,and cost $150.00 for the entire day,money very well spent IMHO.The beaches just outside of town are fabulous for surfing or swimming. Try Maderas or El CoCo to the south.Yes there are many great bars and restaurants on the beach.The Pier was one of our fav's, as well Henry Iguana's! Too many great reastaurants,but if you read my review,there is a link to my travel blog that includes a complete SJDS restaurant review.So enjoy!!!

4. Re: Belated Honeymoon in San Jaun del Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, October 24, 2010